Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Colorado Rockies Acquire Matt Lindstrom From Houston Astros

May it be starting rotation support or bullpen help, the Colorado Rockies have been searching for any type of pitching support this offseason. The Rockies happen to be linked to Grant Balfour, Jon Rauch, Todd Coffey and David Aardsma at different occasions. While the Rockies still may well acquire one of those relievers, on Thursday, they traded for an additional reliever.

The Rockies acquired RHP Matt Lindstrom from the Houston Astros for minor league pitchers Jonnathan Aristil and Wes Musick. Lindstrom was traded in the Florida Marlins to the Astros final offseason, so this experience is absolutely nothing new for him. I am going to have to be honest: I don't see Lindstrom working out all that nicely in Colorado. Does a power arm who's truly not a strikeout pitcher and doesn't throw ground balls ever work out in Colorado? The answer to that question, my friends, is no.

I just can't see Lindstrom being anything further than a guy who comes into a game title within the sixth or seventh inning once the Rockies are either up by five runs or down by 5 runs. I wouldn't pay $2 million and trade two prospects (even when they just had been fringe prospects) for your sort of pitcher.

Generally I hop on the Rockies' bandwagon any probability I recieve, but I actually haven't liked several things they've carried out this offseason. I didn't realize the Troy Tulowitzki extension, I'm not a fan of Jorge de la Rosa and I thought they must have created much more of an effort to sign or trade for an additional top-tier pitcher. The Rockies could still perform some points this offseason, but right now I don't see them finishing higher than the San Francisco Giants or La Dodgers inside the National League West.

No comments:

Post a Comment